November 11, 2010 § Leave a comment
Throughout the month of November, I’m going to be writing at least 500 words each day. It’s an exercise meant to not only get me writing more, but to get me to evaluate more, experience more, understand more. Here’s today’s 500 words…
Me. I thought I’d use today’s five hundred words to talk a little bit about who I am. This might take longer to write than usual because at twenty, I don’t think I know very much about myself. I know I’m a hopeless romantic, I love Audrey Hepburn, my favorite color is slowly transitioning from purple to blue. I know I blush when I’m nervous, but that doesn’t happen very often. I am assertive, compassionate, hard, and soft. I like to pretend I’m a dancer because I’ve always wanted to be graceful and long. My past is marred with nicks and bruises I don’t tell people about – I have been hurt, I have hurt, and I have moved on. I don’t feel guilt, I refuse to regret, I always hope. My love runs deep, my dislike is fleeting, my indifference can last a lifetime. I want a breathtaking, heart wrenching, life changing, ever evolving love affair that leaves me speechless everyday. I don’t know if I’ll ever get married, but I know I’ll be a mom. Sometimes I look back to remind myself that it’s always best to look forward, always best to keep going, to keep your head raised and your shoulders back. I like to look at myself in the mirror because I can see the mix of my mother and my father, but I also see the parts of me that are my own; I like to be reminded that even though I am the sum of two parts, who I am is independent of who they were. I love sweets, but I don’t eat them very often. I’m on a constant quest to lose weight, but I don’t go to the gym. I’m not a naturally gregarious, happy person, but I surround myself with people who make me laugh every single day. I have never let my depression get the best of me, and I never will. To me, love is all that really matters. I am a mixture of things that shouldn’t go together, but do. I am Italian, Russian, French, and Jamaican, yet I only speak one language. I am constantly searching for that last missing piece, the piece that will make it all worthwhile. I believe kissing is a highly underappreciated activity. I will stare at you awkwardly if you piss me off. And then I will put you in your place. I am quick with a sharp reply, but I can be slow with an “I’m sorry.” I love writing letters to the people I love because I believe sincere words are better than expensive gifts. I am an extremely accurate judge of character, and not always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt. I like to online shop. I think sex is the best form of stress relief, but I don’t utilize this method often. My dream is to work at an auction house in New York City. I don’t care what he looks like, he better be sarcastic. I love photography – there’s no greater satisfaction than printing a great photo. I hope I’m always searching for something, but I long to be content. I am a work in progress, a perpetual do-over, a forever “once more.”
November 4, 2010 § Leave a comment
“You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks,
or even months over-analyzing a situation;
trying to put the pieces together,
justifying what could’ve, would’ve happened…
or you can just leave the pieces on the floor
and move the fuck on.”
The man made some sense.
November 2, 2010 § Leave a comment
Women wish to be loved without a why or a wherefore;
not because they are pretty, or good, or well-bred, or graceful, or intelligent,
but because they are themselves.
November 1, 2010 § Leave a comment
– It’s nice to know I’ve still got it. (Actually, did I ever lose it?)
– My Saturday night was surprisingly wonderful, from beginning to end.
– Best friends really do make everything better.
– It’s crazy to think that someone you’ve only known for a few months can know you better than anyone else.
– I’m so excited to go to New York for Thanksgiving and Christmas. That place will always be my home.
– I’d almost forgotten how exciting it is to be excited about new experiences.
– Giggling with Cassie this weekend was the best.
– I need to get my hair cut ASAP – it’s reaching that stage where it’s constantly up because it’s too wild to be down.
– I can’t wait for my Little to find out that I’m her Big. 🙂 She’s going to be doubly excited, actually.
– Thandar needs to get home already.
– I need more decaf chai lattes (with marshmallows!) in my life.
– Also need more of: time, patience, clean clothes, sunshine, pong.
– I can’t wait for Tuesday. 🙂